Mature Skin: Restore and Rejuvenate
Key Traits of Mature Skin
How to Manage Mature Skin
Fine lines and wrinkles are always going to be a part of our aging skin. However, don't let these signs stop you from embracing your age and glowing in your skin.
Aging skin requires greater care in selecting products that can penetrate deeper into the skin. It involves incorporating active ingredients that can target deeper into the skin layers. Selecting higher quality products that are formulated for mature skin is the key to achieving healthy, glowing skin.
Scroll down to find products and tips on how to make mature skin glow.
Ingredients Spotlight for Mature Skin
Tips for choosing a cleanser for Mature Skin:
1. Choose cleansers that are free from ingredients like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Phthalates and Paraben which can be irritating and possibly lead to drying of the skin.
2. Ingredients such as Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid help exfoliate dead skin cells and promote cell regeneration.
Cleanser ingredients do not stay on your skin long enough to have anti-aging benefits. Therefore, choose a cleanser that strikes a balance between gentleness and its ability to remove all the grim and dirt off your skin.
The key to using a toner for Mature Skin is to improve skin turgor and skin texture.
Select toners with Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Antioxidants, Glycerin, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid to plump up fine lines, smooth out skin texture, improve skin elasticity and improve skin radiance.
Essence/Serum/Ampoule/Mask/ Eye Cream
Start by choosing TWO most important ingredients that target your skin concern. Keep in mind that it is not necessary to apply many ingredients concurrently on your skin in order to have healthy, glowing skin. Moderation is key.
Here are some ingredients that have clinically proven to help with improve skin radiance include:
1. Antioxidants like Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid to protect the skin from UV and free radical damage.
2.Retinol to speed up cell regeneration.
3. Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) to help promote collagen and elastin which aid in tissue repair.
4. Peptides to help build collagen and improve hydration in the skin.
5. Hyaluronic Acid to deliver immediate plumping effects on the skin.
6. Propolis to hydrate and nourish the skin.
7. Niacinamide to fight free radical damage, brighten the skin and manage acne.
Here are some of our favourite combinations that we love: Vitamin C and Niacinamide; Collagen and Peptide; Hyaluronic Acid and Retinol.
Add an eye cream to your routine to help combat the fine lines that are forming from the dryness of your skin.
Moisturizers can come in a form of Humectant, Emollient and Occlusive. Depending on the condition of your skin and the changes in season, you may need to switch up your moisturizers.
Some well-loved moisturizing ingredients that are suitable for Mature Skin include: Hyaluronic Acid, Panax Ginseng, Collagen, Panthenol, Glycerin, Urea
The most important part of your morning skincare routine to prevent damage caused by UV, free radicals and pollutants in the environment. Regardless of which type of sunscreen you choose to use, consistency is key.