Dry Skin: Replenish and Hydrate
Key Traits of Dry Skin
How to Manage Dry Skin
The goal in managing Dry Skin is to replenish the moisture in the skin and maintaining a supple skin complexion.
1. Always choose a cleanser that is gentle on the skin
2. Avoid using abrassive scrubs that can further breakdown the skin barrier
3. Use an occlusive moisturizer after applying treatment to your skin to seal in the moisture and treatment
Dry Skin and Acne
The Science behind Dry Skin with Acne
How to resolve Acne on Dry Skin?
The key to dry skin with acne treatment is to restore the skin's moisture barrier while making sure that the sebum production is kept at bay.
Here are some useful tips:
1. Use a gentle cleanser to cleanse your skin without overdrying it
2. Avoid exfoliating when you have active blemishes. Instead, choose soothing ingredients (Centella Asiatica, Tea Tree Extract, Green Tea Extract) that have anti-bacterial properties to reduce the irritation on your skin
3. Avoid using acne products with ingredients such as benzyol peroxide that can worsen dryness.
4. Moisturize your skin with oil-free moisturizer to create a protective barrier on your skin to reduce the drying effect.
Ingredients Spotlight for Dry Skin
Tips on choosing a cleanser for Dry Skin:
1. Choose cleanser that are gentle on the skin.
2. Avoid ingredients with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Phthalates and Paraben which can be irritating to the skin.
The key purpose of using a toner for Dry Skin is to replenish the moisture in the skin layers and remove dead skin cells.
Tips on choosing toners for Dry Skin:
1. Choose a hydrating toner with a more viscous texture to help restore the moisture in your skin layers. Hydrating Toner Ingredient that are beneficial include: Hyaluronic Acid, Centella Asiatiaca Extract, Wild Yam Extract, Niacinamide
2, Use a gentle exfoliating toner 2 to 3 times a week can help remove dead skin cells, giving your skin a more radiant complexion. Gentle Exfoliating Ingredient that you can consider are Alpha-Hydroxy-Acid (AHA) and Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) type ingredients
Essence/Serum/Ampoule/Mask/ Eye Cream
The focus for treatment is to hydrate and restore the moisture barrier
Here are some ingredients of choice:
1. Hyaluronic Acid to lock in moisture
2. Propolis Extract for hydration and nourishment
3. Niacinamide and Ceramide to restore the skin barrier
4. Peptides that have smaller molecular size compared to collagen can penetrate deeper into the skin layers to strengthen the skin barrier
Moisturizers are important to help seal in the moisture after applying treatments such as essence, serum and ampoule on your skin.
Consider these ingredients when choosing a dry skin moisturizer: Panthenol, Ceramide, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides, Epidermial Growth Factors (EGF), Cholesterol and Fatty Acids
Choosing a sunscreen that is essence-based and has hydrating ingredients such as Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid help maintain the moisture level in the skin throughout the day.