Combination Skin: Balance is Everything
Key Traits of Combination Skin
How to Manage Combination Skin
Here are some things/ingredients to AVOID:
Here are some suggestions to manage Combination Skin:
1. Try spot treatments for areas that need extra care
2. Use hydrating toners to avoid skin irritation
3. Mult-masking is a great way to address different skin concerns at the same time. For example, clay mask for oily areas and hydrating mask on the dry areas of your skin
Ingredients Spotlight for Combination Skin
Tips for choosing a cleanser for Combination Skin:
1. Choose a gentle, water-soluble cleanser. It can be a creamy facial wash or gel cleanser.
2. The chosen cleanser should not leave your skin feeling tight, dry or greasy.
3. Double cleanse with a cleansing balm or a cleansing gel for evening routine.
Tips for choosing combination skin toner:
1. Select a lightweight, hydrating, soothing and non-irritating toner.
2. Avoid toner with alcohol such as isopropyl, alcohol denat that can dry out your skin.
Essence/Serum/Ampoule/Mask/ Eye Cream
The first step is to identify the skin concerns you want to address for your skin. With combination skin, you may need up to two types of serum to target different areas of concern. Choose lightweight consistency serum for oily areas and thicker and more viscous texture treatment for dry areas.
Some key ingredients for Combination Skin that we love include: Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Peptides and Retinol.
Choose TWO different types of moisturizers to target dry patches and oily areas. A humectant containing Hyaluronic Acid for the entire face while a richer creamy moisturizer that are more occlusive can be applied to extra dry areas.
The best sunscreen is ultimately the one you actually use. For days when you skin is more oily than dry, opt for a mineral matte sunscreen or a tone-up sunscreen. For days when you skin is more dry than oily, a lightweight and hydrating sunscreen would be a better option.
You can never have too much sunscreen!